The REsearch in SHIpping and Ports Laboratory (RESHIP) of the Department of Shipping, Trade and Transport (STT), University of the Aegean was officially established in 2009 (GGG 2097/29/9/2009) based in Chios, Greece. However, the laboratory is active in research and educational fields since 2005.
Among the goals of RESHIP are included:
• Research in the fields of shipping and ports at local, peripheral, national and international level based on specifically developed or adjusted methodologies, techniques and tools.
• The development of the methodology and infrastructure for researching various aspects of these markets at policy, managerial, financial and human resources level.
• Exploring the social dimensions related to maritime transport systems:
• Research on the design, applications and impacts of maritime transport operations as well as on the impact and the interaction of the stakeholders.
• Research on the influence of the technology in ship management and cargo operation.
• The study of the role of human resources in the operation of maritime transport systems.
• Supporting teaching and research activities of the Department of Shipping, Trade and Transport at undergraduate and graduate level in subjects such as Shipping Management, Shipping market analysis, Shipping finance, Maritime Economics, Maritime Policy, Ports and terminals Economics and Management, Port Policy, Business Strategy, Quality Management, Coastal shipping Management and Human Resource Management.
The members of the RESHIP laboratory are the Faculty members, the Adjunct Faculty members and the teaching and the research associates,, the Post-Doc researchers and the PhD Students of the Department of Shipping, Trade and Transport, University of the Aegean, whose research and teaching interests are related to the fields of Shipping Management, and Port Management and Operation.